Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Dramafied Characters in the Drama Triangle


Any dramafied character can be seduced into playing a role in the game of the 
Drama Triangle. Disagreement threatens their belief systems.
NOTE: These are generic responses without a transactional context.


EEK




Victim



Persecutor



Rescuer



You're just trying to make me crazier
 than I already feel.


Don't tell me things I don't want to 
know. I won't let you scare me.


Don't be afraid of what you don't 
know. It might help you.
GRR 



Victim



Persecutor


Rescuer



You're only trying to make me feel
inferior. You don't get it.


You're delusional. Get some help.


If you're triggered by everything I 
 say, I can't help you understand.

POO





Victim



Persecutor



Rescuer



I don't know anything and what I 
do know is wrong. I'm so ashamed.


You're just trying to make me feel 
bad about what I know.


You poor thing. You're as bad off 
as I am.
UGH





Victim



Persecutor



Rescuer



It doesn't matter because nothing 
 really matters.


You don't really care about 
anything either. Not really.

It's okay you don't have all the 
answers. No one does.
AH HA



Victim



Persecutor



Rescuer


I can't believe I didn't know this. 
What a fool I have been.


Based on what I already knew, 
now I know more than you do.


Let me teach you what you 
need to know.   
Recognizing when playing a role in the Drama Triangle is vital to growing and learning. 
Breaking out of the Drama Triangle requires self reflection to overcome a resistance to 
accepting and integrating new information.

No comments:

Post a Comment